Address information for England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man represented as point geometries. OS Commercial Address Data is often used for geocoding, service delivery, address matching and verification, customer relationship management and statistical analysis. OS Commercial Address Data includes addressing information for a wide variety of commercial addresses, including, but not limited to:
- Agriculture: farming, aquaculture and fisheries, horticulture, food production (e.g. slaughter houses and abbatoirs)
- Community Services: Law Courts, Prisons, church, village halls and other community facilities, public conveniences, cemeteries, crematoria and graveyards, household waste and recycling centres, CCTV cameras, job centres and other community services
- Education: children's nurseries, primary and secondary schools, colleges, further education and universities
- Holiday Accomodation: hotels, motels, boarding and guest hosues, holiday lets, campsites, caravan sites
- Industrial Activities: factories, manufacturing, mineral quarries and mining sites, workshops, warehouses and storage depots, incinerators
- Leisure: Amusement parks and arcades, libraries, museums, art galleries, sports facilities, cinemes, theatres, zoos, theme parks, arenas, stadiums
- Medical Services: dentist surgeries, doctors and GP surgeries, hospitals, medical testing and research laboratories
- Animal Services: vets, kennels catteries, wildlife sanctuaries
- Retail: banks, estate agents, shops, markets, petrol stations, pubs, bars, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers, supermarkets, ATMs, advertising signage, tourist information
- Transport: Airfields, airports, bus shelters and stations, car parks, coach parks, park and ride, taxi ranks, marinas, railway stations, traffic signage
- Utilities: electricity sub-stations, power stations, landfill, water sewage and treatment, gas and oil distribution, telephone boxes
- emergency Services: police stations, fire stations, ambulance stations, lifeboat stations, coastguard stations, mountain rescue, lighthouses,
The commercial nature of properties is determined by the Local Authority addressing custodian as part of their statutory role as Local Land Property Gazetteer (LLPG) custodians.
Additional attribution, including Unique Property Peference Number (UPRN), Unique Street Reference Number (USRN) and OS MasterMap Topography Layer and Highways TOIDs, address classification and address status is available in various OS data products. OS Commercial Address Data is available in six Ordnance Survey (OS) data products: AddressBase, AddressBase Core, AddressBase Plus, AddressBase Premium, AddressBase Plus Islands and AddressBase Premium Islands.