The excel file contains unit, regional and national level data obtained from the 2014-15 National Paediatric Diabetes Audit.
Specifically, it includes information on patient characteristics, completion of health checks and outcomes achieved (as recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence) for infants, children and young people with type 1 diabetes, under the age of 25, who attended paediatric diabetes units in England and Wales between 1 April 2014 and the 31 March 2015.
Data are included for the seven key health checks:
• Glycated Haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c)
• Body Mass Index (BMI)
• Blood pressure
• Urinary albumin
• Foot examination
• Eye screening
Data on other health checks include:
• Psychological support
• Structured Education
• Screening for autoimmune disease (coeliac and thyroid disease)
Data on outcomes of care include:
• HbA1c target measurements
• Small vessel (microvascular) disease
• Large vessel (macrovascular) disease
• Autoimmune disease (coeliac and thyroid disease)
The data were first published in May 2016 alongside the National Paediatric Diabetes Audit Report 2014-15. Data suppressed due to small numbers (<5).
NB: Due to data corruption of ethnicity data submitted, this 2014-15 report does not include ethnicity data for patients in individual units for comparison across units regionally and nationally. Ethnicity has therefore not been used as a variable in the HbA1c case-mix adjustments.
For further information and details on the audit please refer to:
• Supporting documents (see below): link to National Paediatric Diabetes Audit Report 2014-15
• NPDA results online: http://npda-results.rcpch.ac.uk/default.aspx
• The RCPCH website: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/work-we-do/quality-improvement-patient-safety/national-paediatrics-diabetes-audit