This audit covers all NHS and some private hospitals in the UK with an adult cardiac surgery service. However the data here only includes English NHS data.
English NHS hospital level data from the National Adult Cardiac Surgery Audit covering April 2008 – March 2011.
This includes analysis of the number of patient who die after the most common types of heart operations. Also provided are data on the urgency of operations to bypass blockages in the arteries (CABG) and the completeness of the data submitted by hospitals for analysis.
The data files included are:
• Activity & crude mortality for emergency & salvage operations
• Isolated first-time CABG by operative urgency
• Activity & risk adjusted mortality isolated first time CABG
• Activity & risk adjusted mortality isolated first-time AVR
• Risk Factor data completeness